By Chef Ryan O’Keefe
Yield: 4 portions
What you need:
4 ea Chicken Breast, 4 oz boneless, skin-on
1-1/3 oz Onions, diced
1/2 Garlic Clove, minced
1-1/3 oz Green Bell Pepper, diced
1-1/3 oz Red Bell Pepper, diced
1-1/3 oz Tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
5-1/3 oz Chicken Stock
1-1/3 ea Portabella Mushrooms, caps only
1/3 cup Madeira Wine
1/2 ea Green Bell Pepper, julienned
1/2 ea Red Bell Pepper, julienned
1 Tbsp Fresh Mint, chiffonade
1 ea Russet Potatoes, waffle cut
1 oz Fresh Basil Leaves, chiffonade
1/3 ea Lemon, zest
How to make it:
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Sauté chicken in olive oil until skin is brown and crisp, finish in oven until center is 165 degrees.
- In a small pan, sweat onions and garlic until onions are translucent. Add diced peppers and tomatoes, cook for 5 minutes. Add 2-1/2 oz of the chicken broth and simmer until reduced by half.
- In separate pan, sauté mushrooms in butter. Deglaze pan with Madeira and reduce until almost dry. Add to sauce, whisking vigorously to blend.
- In medium sauté pan, cook julienned peppers in olive oil, add remaining chicken stock and cook until almost dry. Toss in mint and set aside.
- Sauté sliced potatoes in butter until brown on both sides. Season to taste with salt and pepper.