National Dessert Day is finally here and its time to celebrate the Holiday way
October 9th is National Dessert Day, so we thought we'd celebrate by taking a fresh new approach to desserts! Did you know that nutrient dense ingredients like black beans can be used instead of flour in your favorite traditional recipes? It's true! And what's more, the right recipe can help make it so most folks can't even detect there's any difference.
A great example is Holiday’s signature recipe for Black Bean Brownies, which incorporates high fiber ingredients while reducing overall fat and sugar content. One of these guilt-free brownie even provides 19% of your overall fiber needs for the day! So don't delay, celebrate National Dessert Day in good style with this fantastic black bean brownie recipe!
- Black beans, 1 pound 10 1/2 ounce
- 3 Eggs
- Canola oil 1/4 cup 3 tablespoon
- Unsweetened cocoa powder 4 1/4 ounce
- Coarse salt 3/8 teaspoon
- Baking powder 1 1/4 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract 1 1/4 teaspoon
- Brown sugar, packed 1 1/4 cup
- Semisweet chocolate chips 1 1/4 cup
- In a food processor, puree black beans until smooth.
- Add eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, and sugar, blending until smooth.
- Transfer batter to an 18 x 26 x 2 in. pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool. cut each pan 6 x 10 to yield 60 portions per pan, more than enough to share with friends, family, and neighbors.
Hungry for other sweet ideas? How about finding a Holiday Retirement community near you and joining us for a meal? We'd love to have you as our guest, and show you all you've been missing! Contact us today!