Three exercises for the young at heart
Exercise #1 -
This exercise is great for heart health
Pretend you are knee deep in snow
- Starting off slowly, walk in place as if you are trudging through the snow
- March your knees up higher and higher
- Get your arms involved, swaying your shoulders back and forth
- As you pick up the pace, imagine your whole body is a snowball of energy, rolling down a hill
Exercise #2 -
These squats are good for core health
As your snowball effect slows down, pretend your two feet are on skis
- Pretend to be skiing down hill. Crouch to the left, then to the right, then deeper to the left, then deeper to the right
- Imaging you are at a finish line, squat deep down, then, spring your body upright in slow motion and raise your arms into a V for victory!
Exercise #3 -
This exercise improves upper body strength
Playing in the snow is filled with constant ups and downs, exercising your full body. Indoors, the ground is a bit harder, so be careful!
- Crouching low, place your palms on the floor
- Lean forward, so your full weight is supported by the strength of your upper body
- Cradle your knees to the floor
- Then, lift your knees up again
See more exercises by Charlie
Was this article helpful? Check out our other senior living articles on additional topics like senior health, wellness, activities, lifestyle, and more. Call or schedule a visit with us today.